Franschhoek hosts the Franschhoek Uncorked festival on 24 and 25 September and a number of the 18 participating wineries have wines listed in the SAWi Grand Wines Collection.
The 18 wineries (as listed on the official Franschhoek Uncorked Festival programme) and their respective GWC wines, where relevant are:
1. Noble Hill
2. Plaisir de Merle
3. Allée Bleue – Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot, Chenin Blanc, Pinotage, Shiraz
4. Boschendal – Reserve Syrah, MCC Brut, Reserve Collection Sauvignon Blanc
5. Anthonij Rupert Wyne
6. Lynx Wines – Shiraz, Viognier
7. Topiary Wines & La Chataigne
8. Maison Estate
9. Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards
10. GlenWood – Vigneron’s Selection Chardonnay
11. Rickety Bridge – Foundation Stone Red, Paulina’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
12. Grande Provence – Chardonnay, The Grand Provence Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon
13. Mont Rochelle
14. Black Elephant Vintners
15. Dieu Donné – Cabernet Sauvignon
16. Haute Cabrière
17. La Bri
18. Boekenhoutskloof – Chocolate Block, Cabernet Sauvignon Franschhoek, Semillon Franschhoek, Syrah (Coastal region), Syrah Franschhoek
While we’re not suggesting that the wineries with GWC wines will have those wines available for tasting as part of the festival programme, we are sure you’ll get a sense of why they’ve managed to achieve at a consistently high level to earn a place on the list, should you visit them.
Feel free to share your weekend experience(s) of the Franschhoek GWC producers via a comment to this post.